• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Don't want pattern to move when warping shape in photoshop help

Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've got a rectangle filled with a pattern. I want to use skew to get the right shape but the pattern won't move with the shape. In illustrator, if you click scale you can choose whether you want to transform the shape or the pattern. Is there any way of being able to move a shape with a pattern around without the pattern moving? 

Not currently able to get a picture so if this is an easy fix I would appreciate it. Thank you!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Convert the layer to a Smart Object before transforming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you this has worked! I may need to move the pattern inside the shape now (i'm lining a pattern up). Is there any way to do this after I have converted the layer to a smart object?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the Smart Object, couble click the Pattern Layer and with the open Pattern Fill-dialog click and drag on the Canvas. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

movePatternInPatternLayer.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines