• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dont Work Pen Pressure Photoshop CC 2022

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the update to version 2022 it does not detect the pressure of the pen on my tablet in Windows 10

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found it sometimes necessary to reinstall the Wacom Tablet driver after an update.

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, did not work 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the solution for you: create a txt file called PSUserConfig.txt (case-sensitive)

Add this in the txt file:

# Use WinTab
UseSystemStylus 0

Place the txt file inside
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2022\Adobe Photoshop 2022 Settings

Restart Photoshop 2022, and pen pressure should work again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I had done this with the last version but when I updated to 2022 it must have deleted the .txt file. This worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - this fixes the problem in PS 2022 as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - this fixes the problem in PS v. 23.N as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for your answer. I've seen the same solution in different forums and it fixes the problem of the pen pressure, but in my case, after I add the .txt file it keeps making straight lines. It's first a straight line and then it follows the movement that I'm actually doing with the pen. Every brush stroke is like that and the lines seem to somehow converge.

When I draw with the mouse it doesn't happen. Neither the shift key is stuck nor the rule is activated (the lines don't actually converge so it's not like a rule is being used)

I tried deleting the .txt file and it worked but the pen pressure was gone again.

I'm using the 2022 version.

I'd be very very very grateful if you have the answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the issue here might be the windows ink.

If you go to your Pen & Windows Ink settings and turn off all of the settings there and pen shortcuts drop-down list to the option "nothing". 

I heard having the PSUserconfig and switching off the Pen & Windows Ink should help and I hope it help you to. 

Also check out FlippedNormal youtube video called "Fixing all issues with your wacom tablet and photoshop", might help as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, IDK if the last comment helped but I had the exact same problem and I found a soulution. 
I'm using an old Yiynova MSP19U in Photoshop and when I used the pen after the UseSystemStylus 0 it fixed the pressure sensitivity but made a straight diagonal line then it started to mimic my pen's moment. Basically exactly what you wanted except having your pen offset with a straight line trailing behind it. 

After hours of trying to figure it out and exausting every option I could think of, I took a random chance and it worked. In the same file with "UseSystemStylus" make the 0 into a 1

UseSystemStylus 0

change to: 

UseSystemStylus 1

Save the file and restart Photoshop. If everything else works with the PSUserConfig, your pen tablet settings, and some tinkering with the Windows ink settings (all of the stuff suggested here) this might do the trick. It worked for me and it couldn't hurt to try it if you have the exact same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This worked for me too!

Using Photoshop 2022 (23.1.1) and a Cintiq 13HD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Tested this solution, it works on Windows 11 & Photoshop 2022, using a veeery old Genius MousePen tablet (with Win8 drivers!).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi this has not worked for me. ive followed the stops but then when i go into photo shop... nothing still the same it will detect the pressure for a moment then go back to how it was before. ive tried everything can some one please help me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know how to proceed in PS 2023?

Mine is not working the pressure, tried to find this folder but no success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. I am using a WACOM Intuous Pro Medium PTH-651 and for a couple of days now the pen pressure is always at 100% or simply not working. I have tried Windows Ink on and off in the wacom settings, I have tried the txt-file with 0 and 1. I have reinstalled all software but nothing seems to be solving the issue. 

Since I am currently stuck and can't continue working on my project, I would really appreciate, if Adobe would at least recognize this issue... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Wondering if you found a solution? I'm having the same issue - nothing seems to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes and no. 

No, I have not found a solution. I repeatedly reinstalled Photoshop and the wacom drivers. I have repeatedly enabled and disabled the windows ink function and I have done the same with the "visual effects" option under the window pen settings. I also switched pen tips. 

But also Yes, the problem was solved, but I don't know what did it. It could have also been an update by Adobe. So my advice would be to keep trying.

I must say though, that I am very disappointed that Adobe doesn't respond here. I have run into several issues with Photoshop and Illustrator over the course of this project and no help and no fix from Adobe. Guess it's not a surprise figma and co are slowly taking over....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me.

on PS 2023 win 11. 

is such a shame adobe, microsoft, apple and wacom, don't work together to deliver a great product experience. ¿looking to hire an between team for the job?

Forget you mobile, I do the Poc
Loose your phone, I do the shot.
Book in... Signature
Tch2Chg C.H. & Advertising concepts outsourcing
Moslty sketches or line starters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CCramm's text file fixed it for me too.  I remember a a couple of years ago I had to do the same thing, but I haven't used it in a while, so I forgot.  It is totally unacceptable that Adobe has not fixed this in some form or fashion in literally YEARS.  Here I was blaming Wacom for days now, when it's not their fault.  Why can't Adobe make their program compatible with the OS it is intended to run on?    The venom is not aimed at you, Joseph, but I am hoping you know how to contact someone with Adobe who can get this nonsense fixed....maybe a checkbox somewhere under settings?   Seriously, why are we paying these guys for a program that is broken at such a basic level of functionality?   Pen pressure that does not work? really???? And it takes a community begginer to fix it instead of Adobe??!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

worked for me. thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, it worked in PS CC 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, try to enable window ink from the tablet app? it worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enabling windows ink fixes pressure issues for me, but using the script and turning OFF windows Ink works better.

When I have windows ink on in the wacom settings, selecting and changing sliders etc. like those in the color pallete gets stuttry and inaccurate. I'd try and select a color, and the indicator of the color selected would randomly jump to another location. Made painting in PS horrible. Moving the hue slider would take a few tries and be delayed etc.

Kind of funny that with an app like PS 2022 and a wacom tablet that I have to jigger around with anything like this. Years past these things just seemed to work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines