• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Double click on text layer makes entire canvas dissapear...

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and turn black. I can type out the text blindly now and can click any tool to return to the canvas.

Photoshop 23.5.1 on Mac OS 12.6

Does anyone know a fix for this problem? I just updated to the latest version, still no change.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

I just reinstalled PS twice and the second time the problem just magically disappeared. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Does turning on »Deactivate Native Canvas« (Photoshop > Preferences > Technology Previews) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just reinstalled PS twice and the second time the problem just magically disappeared. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was just having the same issue on OSX 12.6. I tried the suggestion to turn off the Graphics Processor. I quit PS, reopened and then the text worked as expected. I then toggled the Graphics Processor back on, quit, reopened PS, and everything works fine. I'll keep an eye on it and update this if I can narrow it down to when it happens. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines