• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Double Click Speed Very Slow

New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been dealing with this problem for awhile now. The double click time is so slow that I am constantly selecting text and going into layer styles by accident. I have tried to make the double click registration speed faster on my system (On iMac 2019 OS 11), but Photoshop remains independantly and painfully slow. 

Things I have tried:

System double click speed adjustment

Reinstalling Photoshop

A new mouse

Disconnecting my Wacom

Resetting Photoshop preferences

Uninstalling all wacom drivers

Uninstalling Logitech drivers

Quitting background scripts and not allowing them to run

Running no other application but Photoshop

Has anyone encountered this? Is there a way to force Photoshop's double click registration to do something differently since it doesn't listen to system settings? None of my other programs do this, only Photoshop. Has made using it very frustrating and I am tired of living like this. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this experience with Photoshop.

As you've already tried multiple troubleshooting steps yourself. Could you please try resetting the preferences of Photoshop and let us know if that helps? 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Note: Make sure that you back up all your custom presets, brushes & actions before restoring Photoshop's preferences. https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It mostly depends on click speed, If we make a long interval in double-clicking in that case this problem occurs. to check your clicking speed you may have a click speed test at clickspeeder.com/mouse-test/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines