• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Double Click Stopped Working.

Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest Version of Photoshop is not opening it's files by double click. please help me out of this? ...and PSD file looks like a document file, see: https://prnt.sc/1xgiqto

Thanks!

Sanju

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

I uninstalled my old version

By @Sanjay Thakur

What you need to do if this goes wrong, is to uninstall all versions, then reinstall the one you want.

Then hopefully the new install will get it back on track, or you can reassign file associations in Windows as per Rob's instructions.

In the future, always install and uninstall in strict version order. Old version in first, then newer. And reverse, the last version in is the first version to go out. Then work backwards. If you do it like t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ged_Traynorthanks for the reply, but this is not working 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"File Associations" yes, that is the problem, but it AIN'T THAT EASY TO FIX! (If there are older versions installed! and I want v23.0 2022)

1) I tried a JPG file [Open With] and navigated through- 'Other Apps' to find Photoshop.exe in the Photoshop 2022 Program Folder.-  No Happiness! A JPG defaulted to v22.5.0 (in the 2021 folder)

2) I tried from the Windows desktop "Default Apps" and navigated to 'By File Type' selected JPG and tried to change Photoshop to the '22 version 23.0 - No Happiness! A JPG defaulted to v22.5.0

3) I tried editing the Registry to set the 'Windows Default' for JPG files to v23.0, rebooted the computer  - No Happiness! A JPG defaulted to v22.5.0

4) Yes, I could open v23.0 from the CC Desktop App, then [Open] the file from within  Ps. No problem.

5) The only way I could make Ps 23.0 the default App for JPGs was to uninstall 25.2.0. in the CC Desktop App.

Maybe I am missing something in my procedures to set 'default Apps' ?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!
I uninstalled my old version but still I am not able to open PSD file by Double Clicking, But I am able to open PSD file by DRAG n DROP direct in photoshop, and PSD file looks like a document in SAVED folder...as I mentioned a screenshot in the main post.

Best Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To set the Windows default apps-

1) On the Windows Desktop- type "Default Apps" to open the dialog-

2) Down the page click on [Choose default apps by the file type]

2021-10-28 20_13_05-Window.jpg

3) Scroll down the list intil you see .PSD and click on the App shown, or [Choose a default]

2021-10-28 20_13_35-Window.jpg

4) Choose Photoshop 2022 from the list.

2021-10-28 20_13_45-Window.jpg

***Only now do I see [Photoshop 2022] AFTER I un-installed the 2021 version!!!

5) While you are in the 'Default' dialog- reset the default for .TIF and .JPG files also to Photoshop 2022.

2021-10-28 20_14_21-Window.jpg

Hope this helps!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already tried this one but not working, their is no option for Adobe Photoshop. thanks for your time.

Best Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled my old version

By @Sanjay Thakur

What you need to do if this goes wrong, is to uninstall all versions, then reinstall the one you want.

Then hopefully the new install will get it back on track, or you can reassign file associations in Windows as per Rob's instructions.

In the future, always install and uninstall in strict version order. Old version in first, then newer. And reverse, the last version in is the first version to go out. Then work backwards. If you do it like that, you will always be safe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks @D Fosse , it works for me. Thanks! Thanks for you help and time 🙂 Have a good time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines