Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Double click + stroke makes tools go back to previous

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what this issue is. If I'm doing something like a pencil sketch in Photoshop, and I swith from the eraser to paint brush, do two quick strokes, it switches back to the eraser. And this happens with every tool. I need to fix it immediately, this is screwing up my art. I never used to have this issue. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a mouse or a tablet/pen?

You can try resetting your PS preferences (Preferences/General - click the reset prefs on quit and restart PS)

Kevin Stohlmeyer Adobe Community Professional/Adobe Certified Instructor

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's nothing to do with the tablet. Wacom doesn't have settings specific for photoshop, let alone any category for "Two strikes in quick succession = action" 

That's why I suspect it's photoshop, but so far, nobody has told me how to fix the issue. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In newer versions of PS - the Tilde ~ key is the shortcut to switch to the eraser from any tool.

There is a noted bug reporting quick clicks are reverting tools to brush or eraser and has been logged with the team here:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/photoshop-21x-spring-loaded-shortcuts-more-se... 

Kevin Stohlmeyer Adobe Community Professional/Adobe Certified Instructor

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines