Participant ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue:

• Photoshop v. 24.4.1 for Apple silicon
    • Mac OS 13.3.1, Apple silicon

Steps to reproduce:

I followed the 3-step instructions in   https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/cc-libraries-in-photoshop.html, under the section “Add graphics,” to wit: 

Add graphics

1. Select the appropriate layers or layer groups containing the graphic asset in the Layers panel.
  2. Select the Move tool.
  3. Drag and drop the layers or layer groups into the Libraries panel.

The graphic asset is now available in the library.

Expected result:

The graphic asset appears in the library where it was dropped.

Actual result:

Nothing happens.  The asset does not appear in the library where it was dropped or anywhere else in the Libraries panel.

My workarounds:

• The following steps accomplished the expected result:  
    • Select the appropriate layers containing the graphic asset in the Layers panel.
    • Select the Move tool.
    • In Ps Libraries panel, open the Library where you want the graphic to go.  Click the + icon at the bottom of the panel and select Graphic.  
    • The selected asset appears in the Library.

• The following steps accomplished the desired result:  
    • Open the Creative Cloud app side-by-side with your data folder containing the graphic.
    • In the CC app open the Library where you want the graphic to go and browse to the target group. 
    • Drag and drop the file from your data folder into CC.  
    • As you hover over the group, a vertical bar will appear to show you where you can drop the elelment.
    • Release the mouse.  The graphic asset appears in the Library group in the position where you dropped it.
    • If you have sync file turned on in Photoshop, the asset appears in the Library panel in the same position.

Has the ability to drag-and-drop assets from Ps layers into Libraries been discontinued or is this a genuine bug?

My request:

The Layers panel UI has changed completely and so have some of the commands.  The help page cited above is more than unhelpful, it is misleading and it took hours of experimentation and documentation to produce an accurate help page for myself.  With other users in mind, I recommend that Adobe staff be assigned without delay to update and replace this web page.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@lc55472355 sorry to hear this. Testing here shows this to be working as expected.

Let's make sure we're in a default state and there are no stale settings somewhere: 

Restore your preferences using this manual method:  

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually 

Does it work correctly? 

If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back. 

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines