• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag and drop in photoshop fail on MacBook Pro

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wish to drag and drop an image onto another image in Photoshop on MacBook but failed. The image being dragged just won't 'stick' to the new location...Please help! Much appreciated!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

It looks like you are trying to drop it in from a dialog box? You should be able to just drag and drop from your desktop. In Finder, locate the image - I see a png file. Then just drag and drop it from there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @IngIng can you show a screen shot of the two images in the workspace? or better yet screen record the process failing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you sir for your reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @IngIng Go to Apple System Preferences/Security and Privacy/Full Disk Access and making sure PS is listed and active.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much sir! Now that if I drag the second image from the desktop it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much sir! Now that if I drag the second image from the desktop it works!

By @IngIng

Thank you for letting us know that worked. I didn’t know drag and drop was another potential problem that could be caused by Full Disk Access not being granted, but now I do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your reply sir. But no, I'm not sure it was a problem caused by Full Disk Access not being granted as I still failed to drop an image if using my previous way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you are trying to drop it in from a dialog box? You should be able to just drag and drop from your desktop. In Finder, locate the image - I see a png file. Then just drag and drop it from there. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah! It works! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you’re doing it right, because when I try it on my Mac the same way that you showed, it works for me.

When a drop is rejected, it usually has to do with something about the receiving document that is not compatible with what is being dropped. In your video it looks like it is a Photoshop document with a Background layer, right? Normally that should work. What does it say under Image > Mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sir, thank you very much for your reply. I've tried images of mode>RGB>8Bits and mode> RGB> 16Bits but failed.

Been following steps of others as I'm still new. I'll reread and retry☺️.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines