• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag selection (to select multiple layers) stopped working

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly the dragging-selection by mouse click & drag stopped working (trying to select multiple layers with mouse dragging).

In this clip at first i show drag-selection outside the artboard - works great.

later i show click & drag for selection INSIDE the artboard -> doesn't work at all:

https://app.usebubbles.com/3AWpwXiPAhhAbQFXpwPWWP/comments-on-community-adobe-com

This is a huge issue for me - this massivly slows down my workflow... pls help! 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Nevermind. Just fixed my issue! 😄 This was not selected, after I checked it, I am able to drag and select. Hope this helps

Screen Shot 2022-10-11 at 9.53.48 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Would you mind sharing the version of Photoshop you're using? Did you start experiencing this issue after an update to Photoshop or to Windows? Are you able to select multiple layers if you press & hold the CTRL key while clicking & dragging?

You can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I actually am having the same issue and noticed this started happening after the update... I use a macbook and it was after I updated photoshop. Right now I have Photoshop 2022 23.5.1 Release 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind. Just fixed my issue! 😄 This was not selected, after I checked it, I am able to drag and select. Hope this helps

Screen Shot 2022-10-11 at 9.53.48 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG thank you for this! Same thing just happened to me, and I was going crazy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an older thread sorry for opening it again but it's driving me crazy. In my case Auto-Select is checked, I've resetted the preferences using the method mentioned above but nothing changed still not working, I'm using version 25.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wrong version sorry it's 25.1.0 actually 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines