• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dragging images into Photoshop CC -- Not working

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2013 Aug 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on some websites and my workflow is being slowed down because after installing the new Photoshop CC I tried dragging images from websites into photoshop to open them and create a new image over it WITH the same size as the previous image I dragged in. I had no problem dragging and dropping images into photoshop CS6 before this, but now images are not opening when I do so. (I have to manually go find the image in the images folder thru dreamweaver first, then hunt them down and open them manually thru photoshop.)

Any suggestions or help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update your graphics driver, your security tools and check your user privileges. Drag & drop issues always come down to overlay drawing issues or security stuff blocking communication between processes.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some browsers have problems with drag and drop (especially messing up transparency).

To reproduce this, we would need to know which browser and which version, plus which OS version.

And you might want to just try another browser and see if it works there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2013 Aug 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have OS 10.7.5, and I currently have version 29.0.1547.57 of Google Chrome; I tried it in Safari and it worked just fine dragging it into Photoshop. Must be a problem between chrome and photoshop then, but what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing has been happening to me as well. Chrome is my primary browser and the inability to drag and drop images into Photoshop is irriating. I haven't updated anything recently though - this started happening early last week. I'm running Version 29.0.1547.57 of Chrome, Version 12.0 x32 Photoshop CS5 and OS X 10.6.8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, we'll see if we can reproduce this with recent versions of Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I didn't provide the photoshop version, i just downloaded Photoshop CC Version 14.0 x64
and the version of Safari that it was working with was 6.0.5 (7536.30.1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 04, 2013 Sep 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue - dragging images from Chrome onto the Photoshop CC icon in my dock seems to have stopped working recently and seemingly for no reason - not sure if/what I've updated on my mcahine that's caused the change.

It's a major part of my workflow, so defintely would like to see a fix

Seems to still work fine with draggin images from Safari, so maybe a PhotoShop>Chrome issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 04, 2013 Sep 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few people have noted that it used to work in Chrome, and stopped after a Chrome update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2013 Sep 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any fix to this in development?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ask Google.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google can't fix bugs in software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a workaround, in Chrome, you can rightclick an image and choose "Copy Image" (which copies to your clipboard). You can then paste into Photoshop either by File>New, and create new file based on copied clipboard size, or just paste into an already open image as a new layer.

I use this method frequently.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried "copy to" rather than drag?  Believe that option less complex and therefore less likely to foul up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- Also the OS you are on would be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2013 Sep 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you running CS as admin? ie you right clicked and selected run as adminstrator. i'm having the same issue and that seems to be the issue for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2013 Sep 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on OS X.  I don't know if it's an issue with Chrome or Photoshop, so I guess we'll all just wait and see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2013 Oct 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, OSX, Chrome, CC, I believe it is a Chrome thing- probably want people to get used to staying in the browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 14, 2013 Oct 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A number of users with Chrome have reported problems with drag and drop.  Use different browser or resort to the more stable - move to or copy to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2013 Oct 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloading the Chrome 31.0.1650.16 beta solve it for me.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, make SURE to update to Photoshop version 14.1.2.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear.  I'll wait for the Chrome 31 production release and just make do until then.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 23, 2014 Jan 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for Photoshop CC: right-click the photoshop shortcut icon> Propreties > Compatibility tab,  and uncheck 'Run this program as administrator' .. as simple as this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2015 Mar 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just uncheck 'Run this program as administrator' is that the problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2015 Apr 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got to be a setting either in PS or Browser as I have just done first format running a solid state drive, am a member of adobe CC and at first had same problem - worked it out & just re installed my windows so will let u know when I come across it again as if ya dragging and dropping a lot to make digital art I can imagine u don't want folders full of downloaded tinternet stuff - also really does slow down the flow of creativity - all the best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines