• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Droplet inconsistant behavior - not working

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running PS 24 & Monterey.  I've resisted for quite some time upgrading from CS6 for various production reasons and finally transistioned though finding the changes rather puzzeling (paths for one along with a lot of muscle memory now useless).  I had a Automator pack for CS6 I used to flatten psd files into tiffs before delivery.  That no longer works with Monterey.  I've created an action in ps which saves the layered psd file as a tiff without layers, and using the "legacy save-as" it works wtihout adding "copy" to it, saving me the hassle of removing it from multiple files.  Alls good.... until......   Now... if I create a droplet running that action, I will now get the "copy" and other times both the psd file AND the "copy" tiff saved in the destination folder.  Opening up a file within ps and running the action now also produces the "copy" version, even though when first created it didn't.  I've gone thru mutliple attempts with different saving options, "legacy" vs. non-legacy and can't get a consistant result, other than a "copy" version of the file.  Any ideas?  Any one use apple's Shortcut app to create automoation now that Automator is at it's end?  Another issue when doing a large batch is I get an error about the error log file being locked, or it's parent folder; I can't tell because the warning box is cutting of most of the message and I can't expand it to tell where it's directing me to.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The above was using "Save as" and legacy version.  I ran the same scenario without legacy, and check marked not not append... and the first time I ran it it ran as expected with out the "copy" appended (though when saving a copy it automatically wasn't saving layers in a tif which is fine and what I'm after).  Ran the action again on another opened file and I get the "copy" once again. ?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Quite ps and reopened, manually saved a copy and this time "layers" is automatically checked.  Did again and this time it's not.  Somethings off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines