• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Droplets not running any saved action

Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several Photoshop actions created, but when I save a new Droplet to open a file and then run the selected action it does nothing. I have an action to save as PNG and then close the file.

I set the droplet to use my action and save the PNG in a specific folder on the desktop, but the droplet does not run this action, well, any action.

I have tried to check/uncheck "Override action "Save as" commands but still do nothing.
I am using CC 20201 with macOS Big Sur

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested using Photoshop 21.2.6 and everything works fine, see screenshot below.

I have recorded action with single step to save as PNG in specific folder on Desktop, see details how I have created working droplet.

create droplet.jpg

And by the way, droplet should copy action and all steps so you do not need that action in Actions panel. Droplet is running action, one that is copied and travels with droplet not action in your Actions panel as many people believe. Test it, do not believe me, create droplet then save just in case before deleting action from Actions panel. Drag images onto droplet to see if still works (that is how I get conclusion).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't make it work. I created a brand new action, then created a new droplet using that action.

Test one: I left the action in the Actions panel, dropped an image into it and did not work.

Test two: I deleted the action from the panel, dropped an image into it and did not work.

I might have something broken. Cannot open PS as an Administrator. Don't have such option in MacOs.

I opened the droplet to see its resources and I found it has what I assume is a 32-bit app inside, which is no longer supported in MacOs Big Sur. That might be the issue…

.Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 15.45.59.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Bojan, I believe you are right. I have droplets but accidentally deleted the actions. Do you know if there is a way to recreate actions from the droplet?

Thanks

Alison

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is question for @Kukurykus I think he can better assist regarding that question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If droplet triggers the actions then I doubt they can be fully recreated, when deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, droplets should copy action, it can run without action in Actions panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then perhaps r-bin or jazz-y would like to play with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find a solution? I am having the same problem, the droplet will not save the file automatically, it just opens a save as dialog box and waits for input.

The droplet ran fine on my old Mac, I have just bought a new one and mirrored the settings. I spent an hour on live chat with Adobe and they couldn't replicate it, we tried uninstalling and loading an older version of PS, checked all the permissions etc. The Action works on it's own but not via droplet or Action!

Mojave 10.14.6

PS 22.3.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can get batch to work, then droplet should be almost the same in setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines