• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duel screen set up crashes when using photoshop occasionally

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone else experience crashing when using photoshop ? I have an imac 2020 and like once a week while using photoshop my mac just crashes casuing it to restart with error reports. I called apple and they said it sounds like a software issue. I have not been to happy about this. Its a new computer. I use 2 screens. the main goes black while the second goes green. Any ideas ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the experience due to Photoshop crashing with multiple displays connected.

Which exact version of Photoshop are you using & what is your OS?

Please check that your graphics card drivers are up to date and are both monitors connected to the the same graphics card, or is one connect to the discrete graphics card and the other is connected to a built-in/integrated graphics graphics card?

Would you mind telling us if the app crashes while you're working with the option to Use the Graphics processor disabled like it does when the option is enabled? If not, please try the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

Please let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.  I have a iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020) with a 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7 processor with 

16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 memory and AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB graphics card but when I hook up the Apple HDMI dual monitor adapter to my LG gaming monitor and use photoshop it will occasionally blink and basically crash the computer.  The only way to get the computer back up and running is to reboot the computer. 

This is very annoying.  Any fixes for this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anyone figure this out yet? I am having the same exact issue with the same exact computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Negative,

Have yet to hear a peep from Adobe, they either don't know or they are too incompetent to respond. This is clearly a adobe issue as no other softwares give me this issue.  I now only get to use my seconday monitor when I'm not using Photoshop... WHICH IS GREAT.... NOT!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe clearly doesn't care about this issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue and have yet to find a solution. I can't believe Adobe or Apple hasn't been able to release some kind of update to remedy this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem turned out to be my graphics card.  Got a new laptop with more memory and a better graphics card - problem sorted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are some suggestions from Adobe for GPU issues.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

I hope this helps

neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer:: co-author: 'getting colour right'

google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2023 Jul 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Experiencing same problem here with 2 external Monitor Dell Ultrasharp 2412M 1980x1440 connected with USB-C to DisplayPort wire. Crashing every time I use PhotoShop (24.6.0) or Davinci Resolve (18.1)

Looks like everyone using a 2020 Imac with the AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 Go is experiencing the same problem.

I tested Photoshop disabling the Graphic Card (preferences/performace/use Graphics Processor) and the imac does not crash (but photoshop gets soooooooooo slow).

Of course when disconnecting external screens Imac runs perfectly fine with both app.

Looks to me like could be a faulty Graphic Card driver that Apple cannot be bothered to update with a patch.

Anyone w an Imac w AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 Go running Ventura succesfully using PS with ext screens ?

My Imac spec:

Monterey 12.6.7

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020)

Proc 3,8 GHz Intel Core i7 8 cores

Ram 128 Go 2667 MHz DDR4

GPU AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 Go

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had success using a USB-C dock instead of a wire. HDMI cable from external monitor to the dock. The dock however does get pretty warm so I recommend getting a high-quality one. Additionally, it did not 100% resolve the issue and I am pretty sure it causes some bugs with my computer especially when waking up from sleep. It is incredibly frustrating but at least the dock helped a little. What a frustrating issue and i don't think they are fixing it since they are transitioning away from intel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your prompt reply. Which hub you using? I checked a Sabrent Thunderbolt to 2xhdmi and  I was hesitating to buy to test. Moreover can you specify which os version you using? Thank you very much in advance for your help 😊 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey sorry i never got back to you. I was using this hub. However, lately, it doesn't work for very long before the computer hard crashes. I suspect because its a low quality hub. It gets seriously hot after using it all day. I am tempted to buy a more expensive one from a reputable company to see if that resolves the issue. The most frustrating thing is it almost has to be something that can be patched but neither Adobe or Apple seem to c are. 

Monterey 12.6

27" 2020 iMac
3.8 GHz i7
32GB Ram
AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bad hardware can't be patched by another company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forever, all versions of Photoshop have issues opening an image sent from LR. The image window is the wrong size and is not within the Photoshop screen area. I'm sure it is because i have a two monitor setup with all Photoshop's tabs on the second screen. For a long time, Lightroom didn't play nicely with two monitors either but lately is fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have three Macs using dual displays (one M1 and two Intel) and haven't had issues. There are numerous settings in both MacOS and Photoshop that affect displays so you may need to experiment to get it all in sync. But this is way different than constant crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah i have other machines including an M1 pro that works great. It is specifically the iMac with the 5500 XT that has an issue. And i actually don't totally know if its an Adobe issue as it is a Mac hardware issue. Its hard to diagnose because its a work machine and i use adobe apps all day. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines