Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Duel screen set up crashes when using photoshop occasionally

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone else experience crashing when using photoshop ? I have an imac 2020 and like once a week while using photoshop my mac just crashes casuing it to restart with error reports. I called apple and they said it sounds like a software issue. I have not been to happy about this. Its a new computer. I use 2 screens. the main goes black while the second goes green. Any ideas ?

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the experience due to Photoshop crashing with multiple displays connected.

Which exact version of Photoshop are you using & what is your OS?

Please check that your graphics card drivers are up to date and are both monitors connected to the the same graphics card, or is one connect to the discrete graphics card and the other is connected to a built-in/integrated graphics graphics card?

Would you mind telling us if the app crashes while you're working with the option to Use the Graphics processor disabled like it does when the option is enabled? If not, please try the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

Please let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same issue.  I have a iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020) with a 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7 processor with 

16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 memory and AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB graphics card but when I hook up the Apple HDMI dual monitor adapter to my LG gaming monitor and use photoshop it will occasionally blink and basically crash the computer.  The only way to get the computer back up and running is to reboot the computer. 

This is very annoying.  Any fixes for this? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines