• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duuplicate entries in Photoshop Catalogue caused by upper/lower case entries

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fo some reason I now have duplicate entries for a large number of my photos in the catalogue.  Each duplicate enty has the same file name for each file.  However, the path for one set is \\DISKSTATION2\photo\.....  and the other set are \\diskstation2\photo\.....  i.e. they are the paths are identical apart from the server name being uppercase for one set and lowercase for the other set.  How do I merge these entries?  Many thanks.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which application are you talking about exactly? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no such thing as a Photoshop Catalogue. And both Windows and MacOS are by default case-preserving, where upper and lower case are considered the same but not changed (FOO.jpg and foo.jpg are the same filename.) Adobe products are not supported on case-sensitive filesystems IIRC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you are referring to Adobe Photoshop Lightroom-Classic (the official name for Lightroom-Classic)

The "Capitalization" problem of duplicate folders  requires a specific method to fix. Nothing else will fix it!

Read the Correct answer in this forum link for instructions.

DUPLICATE FOLDERS FIX

If you are seeing the same Hard-drive appear twice in the Folder panel-

DUPLICATE DRIVE displays same hard drive twice

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for delay.  I was very busy with other work and have been away and have just got back to this.  I am using Adobe Photoshop 2018, not Lightroom.  I have looked at the fixes above and they refer to Folders havind duplicates.  My problems is that the folder structure is correct i.e. there is only one folder structure and that is capitilised.  However, when I look at the media view and the location information, there are two entries for each picture.

Attached picture shows that in the folder structure, DISKSTATION is upper case, but the location of one of the duplicate files is in lower case.  How do I remove/merge all of the lowercase entries into on euppercase entry?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What application is that screenshot from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screenshot is from the Photoshop Elements Organizer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's what I thought. This is not a Photoshop question, its an Elements question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines