• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic Brush Size Keystroke (control+option+drag) Not Working in Photoshop CC 2022

Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC Release 23.5.1

macOS Monterey

version 12.6

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, late2015)

Processor 3.3 GHz Quad-Core Intel i5

Memory 16GB 1867 MHz DDR3

Graphics AMD Radeon R9 M395 2  GB

Wacom intuos pro small

Recently for no reason that I can tel the Dynamic Brush size keystroke (control+option+drag) stopped working. When I try it now I just get the little 'notepad' icon as if just the control key is working. The option key is working because if I just press that I get a pipet sample icon and colour 'wheel' icon.

I have tried the tool reset, no joy and then did the full reset and still no joy.

Please can someone help with an answer.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

I've just been messing with different tools to see if anything else was playing up. Tried the dynamic brush size keystroke whilst using spot healing tool and half way through a stroke it started working. I'm just going to put it down to a glitch in the matrix. Thank you everyone for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you given Photoshop full disk access in Mac OS system preferences/Security and Privacy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I've just checked and confirmed that photoshop has full disk access in Security and Privacy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also check your settings under Accessibility/Keyboard and check your navigation has Enable Full Keyboard access off and that you dont have a keyboard preference overriding your PS shortcut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checked all OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have a mouse or trackpad you can test with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't work with the mouse or the Wacom tablet and pen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it work when you unplug your Wacom tablet from the computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've just been messing with different tools to see if anything else was playing up. Tried the dynamic brush size keystroke whilst using spot healing tool and half way through a stroke it started working. I'm just going to put it down to a glitch in the matrix. Thank you everyone for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines