• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic Link media server initialization error 1

New Here ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning I upgraded Mac Os to version 11.4 and yesterday I updated Photoshop CC to the latest version. Today I try to load an MP4 file into Photoshop, something I have done before, but I get the "Dynamic Link media server initialization error 1" error. Has anyone experienced this and is there a fix? Thx in advance!

I´m attaching the a file with the error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try converting the file into mov using Adobe media encoder 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohammad,

I tried your solution but it did not work.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that you cannot use Photoshop on Mac 11.4 as you're getting an error "Dynamic Link media server initialization error".

Which version of Photoshop are you using? In Photoshop, you can check that by going to Help > System Info.

Would you mind checking out this similar discussion https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/ps-cc-2018-could-not-complete-xxxx-command-be... and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

I tried installing several versions of Photoshop, but got the same message with all of them.

Still trying out different things.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you mind restoring the preferences for Photoshop & see if it helps? See this article for reference: https://t.co/ulJI7cGn1G You may want to backup your settings beforehand: https://t.co/4dX7gkr36D

Thanks, 

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

I reset my preferences and restarted Photoshop. When i go to File>Import>Video Frames to Layer without specifying any file, I get the error from the attached file. Hope youe can use this to figure out the error.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing a screenshot. Are you getting this error only while importing a MP4 video or a specific video?

Would you mind deselecting the option "Use Graphics Processor" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance menu, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

I tried your suggestion after updating to the latest Photoshop version 22.4.2. I disabled the Graphics Processor, restarted Photoshop, but I got the same error.

Thanks, if you can think of anything else I can try, I'll be grateful.

Regards

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

The problem happens with any mp4 file. I tried again to do an import video layers and go the attached message immediately. Hope this helps

Regards

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the heads up.

Please checkout the steps mentioned here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/cs6-quot-could-not-complete-video-frames-to-layers-command-... 

Let us know how it goes.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same problem. I've been using Photoshop to import short videos and make GIFs for years and don't remember having this problem before. I upgraded from Adobe 2020 to 2021 earlier this year and now get this error when I try to import a video (doesn't matter if it's mp4 or mov) into Photoshop: "dynamiclinkmediaserver initialization error 1".

I've tried disabling graphics processor in preferences, updating all my adobe apps, various methods of importing the video, restarting photoshop, restarting my machine... nothing seems to make it work. The video is around 5 seconds long, 2.6MB when encoded as an MP4, it should be a piece of cake for photoshop to make this into a loopable GIF for my client under 10MB. Media Encoder will make a GIF but it bloats the file size to 48MB, I know Photoshop can do a much better job. Bit miffed about paying monthly for something that doesn't work and that recommended steps to fix it go all the way back to CS6! My version number and spec is below. Please tell me there's something I can do to fix this.

Adobe Photoshop Version: 22.4.2 20210602.r.242 a4f6042 x64 Number of Launches: 39 Operating System: Mac OS 10.14.6 System architecture: Intel CPU Family:6, Model:12, Stepping:2 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, HyperThreading Physical processor count: 12 Logical processor count: 24 Processor speed: 3060 MHz Built-in memory: 24576 MB Free memory: 13658 MB Memory available to Photoshop: 21488 MB Memory used by Photoshop: 70 % SAM SDK Version: 2.0.0-main.480 ACP.local Status: - SDK Version: 1.45.1 - Core Sync Status: Reachable and compatible - Core Sync Running: 4.14.0.17 - Min Core Sync Required: 4.3.28.24 ACPL Cache Config: - Time to Live: 5184000 seconds - Max Size: 20480 MB - Purge Percentage: 50% - Threshold Percentage: 85% - Purge Interval: 300 seconds Live Edit Client SDK Version: 3.80.01 Manta Canvas: Enabled. Alias Layers: Disabled. Modifier Palette: Disabled. Highbeam: Enabled. Touch Bar Property Feedback: Enabled. Image tile size: 1024K Image cache levels: 4 Font Preview: Medium TextComposer: Latin ------- GPU
Native API stable: True OpenGL API stable: True OpenCL API stable: True GPUDeny: 0
GPUForce: 0
useGPU: 1
useOpenCL: 1
isGPUCapable: 1
GPUName: AMD Radeon RX 580
GPUVendor: AMD
IsNativeGPUCapable: 1
IsOpenGLGPUCapable: 1
IsOpenCLGPUCapable: 1
HasSufficientRAM: 1
VRAM: 4,294 MB
Required VRAM: 1,500 MB
UseGraphicsProcessorChecked: 1
UseOpenCLChecked: 1
GPU Allow Normal Mode: False GPU Allow Advanced Mode: False GPU Drawing Mode: Advanced Display: 1 Display Bounds: top=0, left=0, bottom=1080, right=1920 Main Display Display: 2 Display Bounds: top=0, left=1920, bottom=1080, right=3840 Start sniffer 2021-06-18 15:03:01
sniffer -app=Photoshop -verbose=1 -comment=Photoshop Version: Adobe Photoshop 22.4.2 20210602.r.242 a4f6042 x64
# Photoshop Version: Adobe Photoshop 22.4.2 20210602.r.242 a4f6042 x64
Start platform native
# displays: 2
Display 0
Display: 478154384
Main: TRUE
Built in: FALSE
Stereo: FALSE
Bounds: ((0 0) -> (1,920 1,080), w=1,920, h=1,080)
Dimensions: (1,920 1,080)
Physical size: (594.732 334.537)
Pixel size: (0.309756 0.309756)
Dynamic range: (0 1)
Potential dynamic range: (0 1)
Reference dynamic range: (0 0)
Attached Device: (DeviceID name=AMD Radeon RX 580 index=0 preferred=1)

Display 1
Display: 478215146
Main: FALSE
Bounds: ((1,920 0) -> (3,840 1,080), w=1,920, h=1,080)
Attached Device: (DeviceID name=AMD Radeon RX 580 index=0 preferred=1)

# devices: 1
Device 0
Name: AMD Radeon RX 580
Preferred: TRUE
Power Envelope: DISCRETE
Attachment: EMBEDDED
# attached displays: 2
GPU accessible RAM: 4,294 MB
Dedicated System RAM: 0 MB
Shared System RAM: 0 MB
API version: 1.0 (1.0)
Device version: 1.0 (1.0)
Vendor name: AMD
Driver: UNKNOWN
Driver date: UNKNOWN
Driver age: UNKNOWN
Driver version: UNKNOWN
End platform native

Start platform OpenGL
# displays: 2
Display 0
Display: 478154384
Main: TRUE
Bounds: ((0 0) -> (1,920 1,080), w=1,920, h=1,080)
Attached Device: (DeviceID name=16915464 index=0 preferred=1)

Display 1
Display: 478215146
Main: FALSE
Bounds: ((1,920 0) -> (3,840 1,080), w=1,920, h=1,080)
Attached Device: (DeviceID name=16915464 index=0 preferred=1)

Device 0
Name: AMD Radeon RX 580 OpenGL Engine
Attachment: UNKNOWN
# attached displays: 2
GPU accessible RAM: 4,096 MB
VRAM: 4,096 MB
API version: 2.1 (2.1 ATI-2.11.23)
Device version: 2.1 (2.1 ATI-2.11.23)
GLSL version: 1.20 (1.20)
CGL ID: 16915464
Display mask: 63
End platform OpenGL

Start platform OpenCL
# displays: 0

Device 0
Name: AMD Radeon RX 580 Compute Engine
Attachment: UNKNOWN
# attached displays: 0
GPU accessible RAM: 4,294 MB
API version: 1.2 (OpenCL 1.2 (Jan 5 2021 21:28:41))
Device version: 1.2 (OpenCL 1.2 )
Bandwidth: 189 GB / s
Compute score: 2,813.89
Device name string: AMD Radeon RX 580 Compute Engine
Device vendor string: AMD
Platform name string: Apple
Platform vendor string: Apple
End platform OpenCL

End sniffer 2021-06-18 15:03:01

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add, I tried opening the MP4 (H264) and the MOV (ProRes) in Bridge and got the same error pop up. The files do not have thumbnail previews and have a little circle with strikethrough icon next to their file names indicating I can't play or preview them in Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I'm getting the same initialization error across the entire creative suite. For example, When I open Bridge I get the message and I cannot preview any video files (see screengrabs) In photoshop I have the same issue as the OP.

I have reinstalled the creative suite and trashed my preferences and am still experiencing the same issue. Is there a way I can do a more thorough delete & reinstall to make sure I didn't miss a preference file? Or how to independently delete & reinstall the dynmaic link media server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys!

I am having the same issue. I tried everything that adobe's team mentionned above, nothing worked out. Did someone figure it out ? 

Ps: I have got the lastest version of photoshop 2021.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

I'm also having the same problem. Also tried the steps, but unfortunately without succes.
Anybody got an update reagarding this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello to everybody,

So far I have tried just about anything I can think of, and I am still getting the Dynamic Link Loader error when loading a video file into Photoshop. I am on the current version of Photoshop and I tried it starting up the macbook Pro in single user mode, and started Photoshop with the Option key so as to not load any additional files. All to noavail. I am not seeing any advance on this matter and it very urgent to solve this issue. I am getting desperate and quite frankly somewhat annoyed, becaus I am a paying customer and so far there hace been no answers that solve the problem. My first report was on May 25th. It is September now, and several updates later, but the problem has not gone away. Please advise or give us a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear about the problems. To rule out the particular video files you are trying, attached is a short, 6 MB free public domain mp4 file of a surfer stretching that I used for testing. I can open this video via both File > Open and File > Import > Video Frames to Layers without any problems.

Would you be willing to make a test with this file to let us know if you are still getting the error trying to open the video with both methods? I'm using Windows 10 Pro, PS version 22.5. Then we'll go from there. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jain,

I tried with your file, and in the first case I tried to File>Open the file, and got the same error. When I tried the other way, the error showed up even without specifying your file. I am attaching two files. On is a JPG of the error, theother one is a pdf of a test I made, running the dynamic link mediaservier directly from inside Adobe Photoshop App. Hopefully this gives you some lights as toi what is happening. I am using Photoshop CC 2021 ver. 22.5.0 on a Macbook Pro Mid 2014 with Mac OS Big Sur 11.5.2. (Latest version).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. Thanks for trying that. There appears to be a problem with your dynamiclinkmediaserver.exe process. From what I gather, these are like runtime errors. That file is part of PS's program and seems to be missing or corrupt on your system. Do you have a lot of PS third-party plug-ins running? Could be a conflict there.

A full unistall/reinstall should fix the issue. Otherwise, this is above my pay grade and I'm wading into unfamiliar waters for a fix. Hopefully, others will come along with some help. You can also contact Adobe tech support directly for expert troubleshooting. Fingers crossed you will get this fixed soon!

Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen (type "agent" to get a live person)
Phone: Monday–Friday, In the US 24 hours per day: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

If you are not in the US, at the link you'll find phone access numbers by country.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Guys,

I've also the same provblem, exporting a .mov from AE and then try to open the .mov with PS to make a transparent GIF

I've the message Dynamic Link media server initialization error 1..

What we could do to fix it please??... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works in this PS v21.2.12!

Env:

macOS Catalina 10.15.7 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! This worked for me too (macOS Mojave 10.14.6).

I've been looking for a solution in different posts but nothing worked. Guess I'll have to stick to an older version of PS until they fix it, as long as possible. 

It's a shame that most of the answers and feedback for these kind of problems come from users and not from adobe support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

u r welcome! Maybe they should focus more on building a better community hhh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Don't know who else might be having this problem, but after trying a bunch of stuff I realized that for my specific case the issue was the plugin AEJuice. Uninstalled using their included uninstall file and everything worked perfectly again.

Hope this helps someone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines