Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Ecotank Printer

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello...  wanting some advise on a wide format printer like the Epson ET-8550.  I have just sold a Canon which I was unable to print from Photoshop due to some Mac driver issues. 

just wanting to know what some professionals are using. 

thanks. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I print with the Canon pro1000 it's awesome printer in my opinion if you print often

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Epson's SC-P models seem to be very good quality, I'd recommend them

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management
[please only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use an Epson SC P5000, an excellent printer, which prints on 17" rolls as well as sheets. Although larger ink cartridges are individually expensive, the ink cost is actually cheaper than a printer with smaller cartridges as the price per ml is much lower. The printer also self calibrates & validates, which means I can be confident that the print profiles I make for papers remain valid as the printer itself is not drifting.

As with all inkjets - it needs to be used regularly to justify the cost and prevent clogs .

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines