• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit in Photoshop 2023 (CMD/CNTL-e) does not open .nef files

Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot seem to open .nef images in Photoshop using Lightroom Classic Photo > Edit In > Edit in Photoshop 2023. . .   Likewise with Command-e.  It appears from an earlier post that this problem has been resolved in some way, but the thread that supposedly contains the answer is not available.

Lightroom Classic 12.0.1

Camera Raw 15.0
Photoshop 24.0.0

macOS Monterey 12.6

Invoking Edit In. . . starts Photoshop if it is not already active or switches to the active Photoshop screen if it is active.  But Camera Raw does not appear, neither does the image seem to be read by Photoshop.  The same problem affects .dng files, but everything seems to work fine with .psd files.

My Lightroom Classic External Editing preferences are PSD; ProPhoto RGB; 16 bits/component; 360, respectively.

It doesn't get any better if I close Photoshop and restart Lightroom.

I'm just self-deprecating enough to assume this is somehow my fault.  Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

One frequently successful suggestion is to uninstall both LrC and Ps (using the CC Desktop App), then re-install Ps & LrC (in that order!  Ps then LrC)

"Camera Raw does not appear"- It never will when you 'edit in' from LrC. LrC is your 'CR editor' and raw files open directly to a Ps document from LrC. (Some are confused by Ps showing an "NEF" but the .PSD/.TIF file is not created until you [Save] the image in Ps.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add that using Open With in Bridge (double clicking on the image) works just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One frequently successful suggestion is to uninstall both LrC and Ps (using the CC Desktop App), then re-install Ps & LrC (in that order!  Ps then LrC)

"Camera Raw does not appear"- It never will when you 'edit in' from LrC. LrC is your 'CR editor' and raw files open directly to a Ps document from LrC. (Some are confused by Ps showing an "NEF" but the .PSD/.TIF file is not created until you [Save] the image in Ps.)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I was having the same issue on MacOS and with Olympus RAW files, follwed the advice given above, re-installed PS followed by LRCC all working now

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right, I sometimes use Bridge.  That had me confused about opening CR.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines