• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit with photoshop in In Design on Mac- Please help

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble editing my In Design file.  I need to edit with photoshop and it is not coming up as an option, it only lists other in grey so you can not select. How do I make this an option?  Also I'm working on a Mac. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from using the community >

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I trust you mean the "Edit original" option on placed files in InDesign? This should open the application set in your system's file associations. For a PSD/TIFF/jpeg etc, that means Photoshop. If Photoshop doesn't open, check the file associations.

There is also an "edit with" that lets you pick alternative editors - but if something is grayed out here I suspect it's not compatible data, like e.g. if you're trying to edit a vector file with Photoshop. That won't work; in that case you need a true vector editor like Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines