• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing a JPG in Photoshop from Lightroom

Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a follow on question from a previous post. When I edit a RAW file in Photoshop from Lightroom, after I make changes in  Photoshop and save and close, the TIFF appears back in Lightroom alongside my original RAW file. This is great, no problem. However, when I edit a JPG in Photoshop from Lightroom, when I make changes I am prompted by the dialogue box to  specify the destination folder.  Question 1. Why doesn’t the PSD appear back in Lightroom as it would if I was starting with a RAW file? Question 2. Having setup TIFF in the external editor in Lightroom preferences, why is this overridden? Clearly Photoshop treats a JPG differently to a RAW file. 

I have ave been specific and concise in these questions and would appreciate a clear response relating to the questions I have asked. Thank you so much for assistance with this. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My LR saves both as tif. One pic was a jpg, the other was raw. Are you using LR or Lightroom Classic?

Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 10.37.50 AM.png

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines