• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing actions - how?

Participant ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an application that edits actions?

For example, if I want to change a parameter or option in an action step.

Thanks,

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mangurian 

I don't know of an application to do this, but editing is easy and straightforward:

• You can double-click a step and edit it
  • You can record a new step into its own action or an existing action
  • You can drag a step to a new location in the same action or into another action (use Option or Alt to copy)
  • You can delete steps you don't want (or move them into another action for "just in case"

Be sure to save the Action set (folder) from the Action panel menu when finished, or you risk losing your edits.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/creating-actions.html

Scroll to Edit and Re-record.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to the great points listed by @jane-e – there is also a "Record again" menu command in the actions panel, which is the same as double-clicking a step.

Although it is possible to edit an action with external tools, 99.99999% of the time this isn't required and generally should be avoided unless there is no alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What external tools ?  Do you mean just with a text editor or is there something better?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd strongly suggest that you just use the action panel, it is both editor and creator.

Many years ago I found a Java program (not JavaScript) source code that required compiling.

There is also the xtools JavaScripts:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/ps-scripts/files/xtools/v2.3/

However, I'd like to stress again that there is very, very little need to do this. :]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines