• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

editing an Action not working

Advisor ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to rerecord an Action step, exporting the file to a different folder.  I highlighted the step, then clicked on the Action flyout menu and selected Record Again.  For some reason, the width of the image is given as 1 (see screenshot 1 below) adn an error message is generated, although a Fit Image value of 3000 px was entered in the previous step in the Action.  When I try to change the value of 1 to 3000, I get the message show in screenshot 2 below.  Can anyone help?  Thanks.  

bartonlew_2-1628086952746.png

bartonlew_1-1628086689831.png

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Your image is tooo large. You must run Fit Image step before exporting. From what I can see your image is 43000 pixels so Fit Image did nothing, you must play that step. 

By the way, you can record step in action using any image, not image that you want to process, simply trash step and record it again. If you have steps to reduce file dimensions, for example, ensure that steps are invoked while testing action.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't you think that the reason for the error is clearly indicated in the window?

For some reason, the width of the image is given as 1 (see screenshot 1 below)

By @bartonlew

*sawe for web cannot process an image larger than 8192 px on either side. When this size is reached, it will decrease the scaling percentage until the size on one of the sides reaches this value. Try before exporting to reduce the size of the original image to acceptable values or use another way to save jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I stated in my post, when I try to change the value from 1 to 3000 px, I get the error message shown in the screenshot attached to the post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your image is tooo large. You must run Fit Image step before exporting. From what I can see your image is 43000 pixels so Fit Image did nothing, you must play that step. 

By the way, you can record step in action using any image, not image that you want to process, simply trash step and record it again. If you have steps to reduce file dimensions, for example, ensure that steps are invoked while testing action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You state that Fit Image step width was set to 3000px clearly fit image is broken  in you install.  The ruler units look like its set to pixels and show canvas widths far greater then 3000 like 43000px   far larger then  export save for web supports.

Try clearing the Fits image dialog width field and make sure 3000 is entered not 43000. 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines