• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing .jxr HDR Screnshots from Xbox

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a beginner at this stuff so bear with me, I'm trying to edit HDR screenshots from an Xbox One X and Windows 10 games on Photoshop 2020, now the images produced when taking a screenshot are in .jxr format, these files do not open in Photoshop without a plugin, so I downloaded the Jpegxr plugin from microsoft and installed it to Photoshop, and now it successfully opens the .jxr photo, however, it displays very overexposed and not in the way it originally looked.

I dont know if this will help narrow down the issue, but if I display that same .jxr photo in the Windows 10 photos app, it displays in that same overexposed way for only a brief moment, then it displays properly in HDR.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Engaged ,
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem and nothing but "silence" from Adobe which is a little disturbing.  Both professional and consumer usage is starting to be more and more HDR10 based.  The JXR files are clearly HDR format and contain over 2X data as the PNG version, so what's up with Adobe?

However, unlike you, the Win10 Photos app does NOT display the HDR image correctly, it's dull as if the contrast and brightness were removed which is exactly the opposite of how it shows in Ps where it's blown out and way over exposed.

But the real irony in all this HDR mess (from both Microsoft and Adobe) is that the Windows Game Bar capture that generates the JXR files looks "correct" in the Game Bar Gallery preview window, but not in Photos app nor in Adobe Ps.

If you take a look at all the related posts to HDR and the complete lack of response from Adobe it doesn't bode well for those of us that use HDR10.

Cheers, Rob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

End of 2023 - jxr still looks wrong in Photoshop. Good job devs!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines