Editing Question

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Bare with me while I try to explain this. Several months ago I had set up my Photoshop account to open up all images on a screen BEFORE I went into the actual photoshop program. It was still part of photoshop, it was not Lightroom or anything like that, it would allow me to edit the picture first before I started working on a project. I would be able to work on the resolution of the image, the color of the image, and just overall image editing. Once I was done, I would then click a "save button" or "done button" and it would place it into photoshop so I can do all my additional edits/adjustments. I apologize if this sounds confusing, but I'm trying to get this option back on my end and I can not figure out how I did it the first time around. If anyone knows what I am talking about, can you point me in the right direction to get this back?

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you were viewing the files in Adobe Bridge, and opening them in Photoshop via Adobe Camera Raw. If you don't currently have Bridge installed, yo can do so via the Creative Cloud desktop app..

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe Camera Raw offers Open, Cancel and Done buttons in its window when image is open through Adobe Bridge as already mentioned by @Semaphoric . Open button will open image in Photoshop. If you hold down Shift before clicking on Open button it will open image as Smart Object layer in Photoshop.

You can also open image in ACR using Filter > Camera Raw Filter but in that case you will miss some functions like Crop tool and only available buttons will be OK and Cancel.

To open image in Camera Raw directly from Bridge select image then press Ctrl + R or go to File > Open in Camera Raw. RAW images will open in Camera Raw because you can not open them directly in Photoshop.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines