• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

editing the mask on photos lags for some reason on an imac.. looking for help

Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so, at work I use an iMac with Big Sur installed, 32gb ram - 1gb hd - 4ghz - 5k monitor. 

Issue is: When I place a mask on a photo and use the brush to mask small areas near the subject the brush lags making it extremely hard to accuratley do. Unfortunately, I don't know if there's a setting in photoshop I can double check or if it's a part within the computer itself?

Also, when I do the same task on my little 2015 macbook pro, 2.2ghz - 16gb ram - 256gb hd, I have no issue whatsover.

I'd love any input on what I might be able to check to solve this. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That doesn't sound good. Could you please try deselecting "Use Graphics Processor" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the help Sahil. Unfortunately that didn't help. The issue actually repeats if I'm just painting so I uploaded a video of the lag to see if you can help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that, which version of Photoshop are you working with? Have you tried updating to version 22.5.1 and see if that helps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, yeah, at the time all the photoshop version I tested it with were the latest. I've since then updated the software to 22.5.1 and still have the same situation.

It sounds like this isn't an issue that a lot of people have. It's really strange tbh, especially for the iMac setup I'm using, which is a strong computer. I just can't, for the life of me, figure out why using the paintbrush tool lags so much on this mac. When I started the thread I thought it was just when I edited a mask using the paintbrush tool, but it does the same thing when just painting on a blank, small canvas. And it's ONLY that specific tool, the pencil tool works perfectly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines