Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Entire Photoshop screen turns neon green

Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what is happening but lately my photoshop window screen, which shows my artwork is now neon green.  I cannot see my art and it vibrates also. I don't know if it has something to do when I disconnect from my large monitor or something else. I have upgraded my mac system to Big Sur 11.4.  The only way I can get it to work properly is to delete photoshop from my computer and reinstall it again from Adobe again. I have to click off any saved libraries etc, and start all over again. Has anyone had this issue or know how to fix it? It's happened a few times and I'm wondering if there is a conflict somewhere.

Please help!

TOPICS
Download and install, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021
@frannydog wrote: Not sure what is happening but lately my photoshop window screen, which shows my artwork is now neon green. 
Try this: go to Preferences >Technology Previews > enable Deactivate Native Canvas. Quit Photoshop and relaunch. ~ Jane

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Quick Mask turned on?  Hit the Q key to toggle.

Have a look at thre Channels panel and make sure RGB is checked and only three channels are turned on.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick mask is not on. Channels panel is set as you mentioned.

I just noticed when I'm on my big monitor, it works. When I slide to my laptop, it goes green! Any ideas about that?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to remember what I heard, but you mentioned "something to do when I disconnect from my large monitor or something else." As I recall, it has something to do with switching monitors while PS is running, and I can't remember the details.

Try first connecting the "correct" monitor, then launchingPS to see if that fixes it. Or try the other answer I gave.

Perhaps another volunteer will know; I can't look into it further myself now due to personal obligations. 

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it the sort of thing our @D Fosse would know, or is it Mac specific?  It is starting to sound like a GPU video card issue.  It's 11:20pm for Dag so he might be around.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@frannydog wrote:

Not sure what is happening but lately my photoshop window screen, which shows my artwork is now neon green. 

Try this: go to Preferences >Technology Previews > enable Deactivate Native Canvas. Quit Photoshop and relaunch.
~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked!!! Thank you!! 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perfect solution, it works!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines