• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Epson projector unable to read photoshop JPEG from version 23.2.1

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My digital projector cannot read Jpegs from the newest version of PS and I tried saving to legacy format as a preference but that did not help. I have tried other JPEGS and they read fine, it is just the ones created in the newest version of PS. I have tried other projectors and it is the same problem, so I know it is not a projector problem. Adobe support has not been able to help me. Does anyone have this problem?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked to see if there are firmware updates you need to run to read the jpg?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I have not because I have not connected projector to any computer, only attached a thumb drive with jpegs on it. It read all the jpegs except the one made with newest version of Photohop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing you'll need to update the firmware to read newer jpg formats.

Epson has directions on how to update firmware from a USB drive - depending on your model.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I will research that. But also, for anyone who is interested, I was able to make a screen grab of the jpeg and it worked that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2024 Jan 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You ever figure this out man? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are multiple ways to create a JPEG in Photoshop, each with multiple options that could have a bearing on whether the projector software chokes or not:

* Save As/Save a Copy

* Export > Export As (Legacy Export enabled or not)

* Export > Save for Web

* Adobe Camera Raw > Save

EDIT (I forgot):

* Generator/Generate Image Assets

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And definitely not an answer to the question mate.  None of these work. Almost like the new PS encodes differently. I've made the PNG work, but for long term that won't cut it for me. 

Im curious if Georgianag94 ever found a solution to this issue he had almost 2 years ago (and I'm having now). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

None of them? As the underlying code for Export > Save for Web hasn't changed in years, I was hoping that would work even if the others didn't. I wonder if Epson has a KB article on this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines