Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Erase Portraiture Effect

New Here ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

Any help on how to erase portraiture effect from portions of an image in PS? I'm a beginner. I like to smooth the whole image but brush portraiture off certain areas...I thought I'd done it successfully before but it must've been dumb luck because I can't replicate it. Appreciate your help!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you apply it as a Smart Filter? 

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Courtney.  As c.p. is saying, we need to know we are understanding your question.  I am not sure what you mean by 'portraiture effect' so if you paste a screen shot of the image with further explaination, I am sure we'll work it out.  

Be aware though, that if this is a single layer flat image then it is not possible to erase part of it and expose the original image,  If we can see your entire workspace with the image and layers panel, we'll know how best to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone

so I apply imagenomic portraiture effect using a PS plugin and on this image I ran it super high it would be obvious if erasing it worked. Here is the screenshot showing the history. Essentially I need to be able to run it on its own layer so I can erase parts of it and I thought that's what I was doing but I'm messing it up somehow.

949AABD7-76C8-46E8-A93D-2E84AF581DE7.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check this out: 

https://www.take-a-screenshot.org

Apparently one can apply as a Smart Filter 

https://www.anthropics.com/portraitpro/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwyYKUBhDJARIsAMj9lkF50vvMZIjnlcLfwSgIvKFx-fJeWQ...

Otherwise apply on a duplicate Layer and apply a Layer Mask to that and paint out the regions where you want to reduce the effect. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is going to be super easy.

Make a copy of the background layer (Ctrl J or Cmd J on a Mac)

Run the plugin on the copied layer

Add a layer mask using the icon I have highlighted in green.

With the layer mask selected (it will have a white border in the Layers panel as below) use a soft round brush and paint of the area you want to remove the effect of the plugin with black.

The black will hide that part of the layer revealing the original layer underneath it.

If you go too far, change to white and paint it back in again.  The saying we use is Black conceals and white reveals.

Note: I don't have the portraiture plugin so I used Flaming Pear's Flood 2 plugin.  Let's hope he doesn't drop her because that will kill romance stone dead.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should probably mention that I did not use a brush above, but instead used the gradient tool using black to transparent.  That lets us make smooth transitions, and with it being black to transparent, we can build the effect by running multiple gradients.  The other option is to use black to white, but that causes each new gradient to overwrite the previous gradients.

I have re-done the mask below running the gradient the full width of the image.  You can see the smooth gradient in the mask and the more gradual hiding of the plugin effect.  Please ask if you have any questions.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for your help with this! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines