• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eraser brush edge not sharp

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The edges of my eraser brush are sharp at 100% hardness, but as the edge gets softer the edge of my brush gets diffused/pixilated. It makes it very hard to follow the edge of an image since the brush edge isn't sharp and it doesn't start to erase till the middle of the diameter of the circle. I attach a sample of the brush edge at 0% hardness, showing where it starts to erase. I tried resetting the tool and have futzed with the brush settings. Nothing seems to work. This just started happening.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On your Mac click your desktop then go to Apple>System Settings>Accessibility>Display and set

the Pointer Size to Normal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that one but it didn’t work. Many thanks for your effort.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of photoshop and macOS are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this happen when the Eraser Tool is 100% hardness or when you adjust the hardness lower than 100%?

In photoshop you can go to Photoshop>Settings>Cursors and set the Painting Cursors to Normal and see if that's any better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
That did it — the PS cursor settings!!! Thank you so much!!! You just save me hours of work. xxx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines