• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eraser

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When keyboard capital lock is ON the eraser toll turns idle.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Photoshop, OS Version, Graphics Card(s) and RAM?

Have you tried resetting your Photoshop preferences (Preferences/General, click the button at the bottom and restart PS)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please define "idle"? Does it...
- Freeze?
- Move but not work?
- etc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi if the caps lock is on it is not working? on my side, I have 2021 Photoshop working in both ways either capslock is off or on...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)" /><!--<br>/* Font Definitions */<br>@font-face<br> {font-family:"Cambria Math";<br> panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}<br>@font-face<br> {font-family:Calibri;<br> panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}<br>/* Style Definitions */<br>p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal<br> {margin:0in;<br> font-size:11.0pt;<br> font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}<br>.MsoChpDefault<br> {mso-style-type:export-only;}<br>@page WordSection1<br> {size:8.5in 11.0in;<br> margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}<br>div.WordSection1<br> {page:WordSection1;}<br>-->

Hi,

Thanks for your reply; yes, it  still not working although I updated to the latest rev I(Adobe Photoshop CC 2022 v23.3.0.394). I have windows 11 x64 updated to the latest as well.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)" /><!--<br>/* Font Definitions */<br>@font-face<br> {font-family:"Cambria Math";<br> panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}<br>@font-face<br> {font-family:Calibri;<br> panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}<br>/* Style Definitions */<br>p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal<br> {margin:0in;<br> font-size:11.0pt;<br> font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}<br>.MsoChpDefault<br> {mso-style-type:export-only;}<br>@page WordSection1<br> {size:8.5in 11.0in;<br> margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}<br>div.WordSection1<br> {page:WordSection1;}<br>-->

Hi,

Yes, it replaces the eraser symbol with a (+) plus sign like the” Rectangular Marquee”  but does not do anything. It does however move with the mouse normally.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you send a screenshot of an image where this isnt working? Be sure to include the entire screen including layers panel shown.

The + symbol is normal when using the Caps Lock key.

I'm wondering if you are on the correct layer or a layer mask when using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your reply,

I did not know that when in CAPS the eraser changes to (+) sign AS A NORMAL BEHAVIOUR (Why, ?, since other tools stay unchanged);  because in this case I am not able to center “the normally circle shape” around a specific area to be erased. I only can do it  by groping, which makes it erroneous (or by  removing the CAPS , of course).  

Thank you for your time.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any brush based tool uses this feature with Caps activating a "Precision" cursor which is the direct center of the brush.

It's been that way for decades.

Turn off the caps if you need to see the brush outline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines