Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Erodible tips keep drawing straight lines as if I'm holding Shift

Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2019-01-23 at 12.49.03 PM.png

When I draw with an erodible tip brush, every time I touch my tablet, it draws a straight line from the previous position, just like when I hold Shift.

It doesn't happen to any other kind of brush tip, so I'm sure it's not my Shift key gets stuck. Has anyone run into this problem?

Photoshop version: 20.0.2

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 02, 2019 Feb 02, 2019

I found my old Wacom and this issue disappeared when I drew with it. Guess it's a tablet issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, which brand of tablet, and driver version are you using?

I saw an article on petapixel that recommended to delete the old preferences, if you use a Wacom tablet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Huion Kamvas Pro 22 and the driver version is 14.3.10.181130

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks. did you try the usual fixes (toggling wintab, for instance) that we give in the forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did reinstalled the driver and reboot. I should've mentioned I'm using MacOS 10.14

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

laiy10580071  wrote

I did reinstalled the driver and reboot. I should've mentioned I'm using MacOS 10.14

There are certainly some tablet issues with Mojave.  Read through the help page and see if anything fits.

Known issues - Running Photoshop CC on macOS 10.14 Mojave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing seems germane to my issue. My pen pressure works even for erodible tips. The only problem is those weird straight lines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, did you try to reset the brush tool? Right-click on the tool preset, on the far left of the option bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesnt work either. But I've noticed that when I use a mouse this problem doesn't present. So I guess it's on tablet's side...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2019 Feb 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found my old Wacom and this issue disappeared when I drew with it. Guess it's a tablet issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same issue with my touch screen laptop, this probably means your shift button is jammed. Try opening up the touchscreen keyboard and pressung both shift buttons at the same time. I'm not sure if this is the issue but it always works with my laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines