Exit

Error 205 in Photoshop

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,
Hope you're ok ?

Since few weeks, I have an error n°205 in Photoshop when I started the application.
I tried to uninstall and install the app, remove creative cloud app ... and when I start Photoshop, this error come back. I check every solutions on your forum (logout / login - update my computer ...) but none work.
It's very weird because I can install others apps (Indesign, Illustrator, Premiere ...) and applications can start correcty.

I'm on a Macbook Pro - 12.5 MacOs Monterey.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is normally caused by a firewall configuration with your wireless portal.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/download-update-errors.html

Firewall configuration

Issue

Users have reported instances where software/hardware firewall settings caused download errors to occur. The most common error associated with this issue is error 205. Other errors could result due to the software/hardware firewall’s configuration.

Solution

If you are on a managed network, check with your network administrator, or see Adobe Creative Cloud Network Endpoints for information on how to configure your firewall to accommodate Creative Cloud downloads and services.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kevin,

Thanks for your answer !

I tried every solutions and the problem at the start continue ...

:(((

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you manage your own wireless/network connections or are you in an IT-managed business situation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm at home. I hope I can fix this problem more easily with my own wireless / network connections ?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you also have anti-virus software running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have anti-virus software on my computer. I think I have a hidden file who blocked the access to Photoshop because every applications works except Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be a plugin that is internet dependent.

Try this first - launch Photoshop while holding the Shift key. It will ask if you want to disable third party plugins. Accept. If it launches then that is the focus.

If, not try resetting your PS preferences:

• Hold down the following keyboard shortcut and launch Photoshop:

macOS: command + option + shift

Windows: ctrl + alt + shift

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I install Photoshop and after I tried your 2 solutions !
But the problem stay at the start. It's very weird ...
Next week, I could try on an other network connection. If the error continue, I would buy a new computer ^^

Thanks for your help, if you have others solutions, I would like 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Its not your computer - its your firewall/internet connection per the document link posted in the earlier reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines