• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error, any brush used on Clipping mask layer erases itself and the layer it's clipped to

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a surface pro laptop, this result exports as displayed in the viewport, it occurs with both my pen and my trackpad. The problem vanishes when the clipping mask is released. 

Recap, When I draw with any brush (the mode is set to normal, at 100% opacity, settings check shape dynamics, texture, transfer, and smoothing) the brush stroke will act as an eraser AND erase the layer is clipped to. (which I find extremely odd)

I don't know why this is happening, any guesses, suggestions, or solutions?

erase exp.pngreleased exp.png

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , SDK , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For all things weird in Photoshop general advice is to try with preference reset Preferences in Photoshop (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

What are the Layers’ Layer Style settings? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

brushsettings.png Though the layer is set to hard light in this version, it was originally drawn on normal, the layer settings seem to have no effect on the outcome. What I've gathered is that the only color registered as a threshold for transparency/erasure is black. included the brush settings even though I listed them.clipping mask on.pngclipping mask released.pngtop brush settings.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Does turning on »Deactivate Native Canvas« (Photoshop > Preferences > Technology Previews) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Could you provide the file (feel free to crop to one affected area). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines