• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Code 148:3 - Photoshop CS4 for Windows

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2009 Mar 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a message that comes up whenever I try to open Adobe Photoshop CS4 Extended.

"Licensing for this product has stopped working.

This product has encountered a problem which requires that you restart your computer before it can be launched

If you continue to see this message after restarting your computer, please contact either your IT administrator or Adobe technical support for help, and mention the error code shown at the bottom of this screen.

Error 148:3

http://www.adobe.com/support"

I restarted several times but I still get the error. How do I fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 09, 2009 May 09, 2009

I dont know if you fixed it yet but this is what I did to fix the same problem.

The repair tool from Adobe worked great.

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/licensing.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Oct 12, 2010 Oct 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got Office 2010 Pro for $9.95, too! What a great deal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah nutsack! Where can I pull my poverty card to get Office at that price as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case, it was a program Microsoft had going for a certain group of people for ONE day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2010 Oct 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another Error but Now:

Error Code 147:6  See the attached screenshot

New Acrobat Error.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2010 Oct 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this code several time now, fixed it after a clean install of operating system and software disks  I've had some problems with dreamweaver as well

Signature: <link removed>http://www.howtogetricheasily.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jazzcat88

Noel Carboni was teased a lot

A

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You still can make a boot disk and also a set of back up disks. The laptop manufacturer has (or may have) its own back up program to make the backup disks. Windows 7 can also do the same thing. Both ways will pull the complete install off of a seperate  partitioned space on your hard drive. Also look for a manufacter option to restore your computer to origional manufacturer specs. You will need about 6 DVD's and about 2.5 hours if I remember right.

Also make a bootable DVD disk for the Operating system at the very least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2010 Nov 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although I know it will not solve all the problems, and it will definitely not fixed the problem if there are underlining causes. These cause can be many, too many to list. The usual culprit for this error is the 'FLEXnet Licensing Service' has been disabled or has been stopped.

To fix this, on windows, simply go to your services menu and re-enable it.

StartMenu >> Run.. >> 'services.msc' >> 'Hit Enter'

Scroll Down and look for 'FLEXnet Licensing Service'. Double click, 'enable' the service, then 'start' the service. Select whether you want it to start automatically or manual.

If you continue to have this problem, then there is another program interfering with it, and more in depth analysis is needed.

This may not 'Fix' your problem, but it is a good place to start.

As well as it may get your Adobe program working for a bit, just enough to finish that project.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 26, 2011 Jul 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While those who feel you should contact support, it appears support has sent us (receiving Error 148:3) to them. Apparently, they want you to pay to get some help. I sympathize because I'm in the same situation and seem to be getting the preverbial run around. Maybe someone out there is not looking to charge for assisting us who need help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2011 Dec 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also owe my thanks to wssparky. It was only afterwards that I found extra posts pointing the finger at FLEXNet Licensing services. I cleaned out a bunch of start-up programs and didn't recognise this program or publisher. For the record I was using autoruns from Microsoft's sysinternals, but any tool that lets you stop certain start-up programs at boot time would have done the same.

I had suspected something to do with start-ups, so I went back and checked every line with the word Adobe in it, but I still got the "licensing" problem after re-boots.

Finally, the Adobe licencing tool mentioned by wssparky fixed the problem, but it would certainly be nice if the word Adobe had been used somewhere instead of "FLEXNet", then I might not have wasted so much time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2012 Mar 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded the repair tool, but I must be doing something wrong, I am still getting the error code. Can someone help me? I guess I need step by step instructions on how to run this tool after I have downloaded it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2012 Mar 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't provide any detail. Can one assume you extracted the files and then ran the main one after you downloaded?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Compress-and-uncompress-files-zip-files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2012 Mar 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did download and extract the file, but could not get it to work. I then went to control panel remove or repair and selected repair. That worked, I had to use the install disk, but Photoshop is now working.

Thank You for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2013 Apr 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started an account just to ask this question:

Why does the top of this thread say...

Error Code 148:3 - Photoshop CS4 for Windows

Jan 3, 2012 12:10 PM

.... when in fact the thread was started on March 16, 2009?

There is no post whatsoever in this thread with the date "Jan 3, 2012." So why is it timestamped up there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2013 Apr 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ HereThere1 - Did you notice that there are two pages of posts? The OP is on p1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2016 May 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  Will try it and report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2016 Jun 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the JT Smith methos did not work at all - tried twice and rebooted each time - no efrfect.

Tried the http://www.adobe.com/go/kb405970  link and solution number 2.  Worked a treat.  The FLEXnet had been disabled on both the 32 and 64 bit versions so I made them manual and it worked well.

Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines