• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error: Could not complete the ScriptingSupport command because the file was not found.

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the error message "Could not complete the ScriptingSupport command because the file was not found." when trying to run an action today. I copied the script files into both Applications/Adobe Photoshop 2022/Presets/Scripts and Library/Application Support. (Not really sure which one was right, so I put it in both).

If I load the script manually from the File -> Scripts -> Browse it runs fine with no problem and I can continue the action from the point where the script left off - but ideally the action would run the script. I am on a mac with Monterey OS and just updated to the latest Photoshop version this morning. What am I doing wrong?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Expand the Action Script step see how the  step was recorded.  If you recorded the step and used  the script menu browser to select the script. The step would be recorded and it would record the full path to the script  file you selected in the browser.  The Script need to be where is was when you recorded the action step. If you move the script into Photoshop scripts folder the action step will fail. You can fix the action by re-recording the script step.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines