• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

error line 11 on using script & out of memory error on using exif tool for removing metadata..

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello adobe Team,

i am getting a Line 11 error on Much files on opening files in Photoshop using the script on opening document, on this error metadata is still remain in documents.

#target photoshop

removeXMP();

function removeXMP(){

if(!documents.length) return;

if (ExternalObject.AdobeXMPScript == undefined) ExternalObject.AdobeXMPScript = new ExternalObject("lib:AdobeXMPScript");

var xmp = new XMPMeta( activeDocument.xmpMetadata.rawData);

XMPUtils.removeProperties(xmp, "", "", XMPConst.REMOVE_ALL_PROPERTIES);

app.activeDocument.xmpMetadata.rawData = xmp.serialize();

}

we are working on tiff and jpg files

I am getting another error "out of memory"on using exiftool with this coomand line "

exiftool -r -overwrite_original -XMP-photoshop:DocumentAncestors= "location of My Problem Folder Full of Bloated Images"

we are working on tiff and jpg files in photoshop...

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like the problem is either in the huge metadata section or broken structure. It's very interesting to see what's inside a particular file. Can you resize file to 1x1 pixel and attach it to the post? (this should not affect the metadata)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Adobe Team,

i resize my tiff file to 1*1 and also change file resolution to 1 and save as jpg or tiff. file size remain 165MB, so i cant attach with Reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use this

function removeXMP()
{
activeDocument.xmpMetadata.rawData = "";
}

and don't sweat it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello r-bin,

i use your script it work on files, thank you so much for your help.

i want to ask for one more help. we have too much file with huge metadata, so we cant open every single file and run script on it. is any way is available to run script on every file without open in photoshop..

I use exiftool  with the command 

exiftool -r -overwrite_original -XMP-photoshop:DocumentAncestors= "location of My Problem Folder Full of Bloated Images"

but it shows an error "out of memory" and stops.

Again thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines