• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error message "Photoshop error could not complete your request because of a program error"

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to open a file in Photoshop 2022 I am getting the error message "Photoshop error could not complete your request because of a program error"

I am able to work in Photoshop in the morning and then after a couple of hours I get this error message. This occurs every 2ish weeks. I get the error on different files. It's not a specific file. I have been trying to see if it happens when I select a specific setting, but there is no constant event that triggers the error.

This is on Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19043

Adobe Photoshop 2022 Version 23.0.0

I have verified Photoshop has all available updates and the same with Windows. 

I follow the support ideas link (https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/program-error-opening-psd.html) and have tried all of the suggested actions.

The one that solves the issue temporarily is restoring Photoshops default settings. I would like to find a solution that sticks instead of having to do this every 2ish weeks.

I'm hoping one of you have encountered this before.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Preferences > Performance... and uncheck Use Graphics Processor. Restart Photoshop. Does the problem persist?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your response. 

I have unchecked Use Graphics Processor and I am still getting the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines