• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error message when opening Photoshop

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to open PS for a day and a half and continue to get the message below

Sorry, something went wrong.

This is likely an issue at our end, but it could be that you’re not connected to the internet. Please check your internet connection and then try again later. If you’re still having issues please see our help guide.

My initial purchase of PS was through Software Biz and subsequently had to do the account swap they posted some time ago. In my Adobe apps account, PS is included also, with Software Biz shown below my name.
Please can someone help me with this problem
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you sign out of your Creative Cloud Desktop application and sign back in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same error message. When I sign into Creative Cloud, for my plan PS is not included. If I sign in wit Adobe, I am then offered Software Biz and Presonal. Going via Software Biz my plan shows PS included, but I still get the error message when starting PS.

I thought about uninstalling PS but am worried I will not get my paid for version back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I get the same error message. When I sign into Creative Cloud, for my plan PS is not included. If I sign in wit Adobe, I am then offered Software Biz and Presonal. Going via Software Biz my plan shows PS included, but I still get the error message when starting PS."

Who exactly is Software Biz, I can't find anything relating to them with a Google search, how much did you pay them for Photoshop, Photoshop is available on subscription only, this all sounds a bit suspect to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They were a company (no longer active) that offered a lifetime license with one payment about 3-4 years ago. This was in conjunction with Adobe where all products were registered with Adobe. As far as know, the only difference being the alternative route to your plan after login.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no such thing as a lifetime licence for Photoshop and there never has been since 2013 when the subscription model first appeared, as I mentioned Photoshop is available on subscription only, you where sold and are using a pirated copy of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's interesting. Your assertion could be right, but having, on a previous occasion, been in contact with Adobe due to a version issue, they did not query the licence or the nature of subscription. I would have thought Adobe would jump on this if there was an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@David26091760psa6 

As Ged said, Photoshop has been subscription only since 2013. If you want to continue using Photoshop, here are the plans:

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

If you are only using Photoshop, there is a deeply discounted Photography plan (annual commitment), payable monthly at $9.99 or in a lump sum. Click the tab for "photo" on the left, then scroll down until you see the annual plan for $9.99 with 20GB cloud storage.

You can get a free trial for 7 days first to confirm it works on your system.

You might also want to do a malware check first.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines