• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error messages

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been opening cartoon in tif format for the past 7 years. I am now getting the message I have pasted below. I did the Invalid JPEG Marker solution and it did not resolve the problem.

Any advise would be welcome. I am at a standstill in production.

PS - I am self taught and follow simple directions.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Please check if this info helps: https://repairit.wondershare.com/photo-recovery/invalid-jpeg-marker-type-is-found.html

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the options in the article which are the same things I tried before. It's really odd because I can open previously saved tif files, but not anything I have scanned within the past day or so. File attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What version of macOS are you using?

Are you using from within photoshop File>Import>Images From Device?

Looks like from the Exif data that jpeg compression is being applied to the tif file, hence the error your getting.

In preview look at some of the tifs you can open and in in Tools>Show Inspector see if they have Jpeg compression.

car.png

The tif can be opened in Preview and saved out as a png, then photoshop should open it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines