• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Msg "unable to initialize backing library: lib:PlugPlugExternalObject"

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS is giving me this error msg twice everytime I click on a tool/choose one/select a layer. It's not that great fro productivioty,. I didisntalled/reinstalled Ps, but to no avail…

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I get this error when clicking anywhere when using Photoshop. It comes up three times them disappears until I click somewhere else.

Can anyone explain the problem, please?

Thanks

Photoshop 23.2.1

Mac Configuration

Model: iMac21,1

OS Version: macOS 12.2 (21D49)

Graphics chip: Apple M1

Memory: 16 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have this issue despite several updates. No-one has answered my original post. Please respond or I will be ditching Adobe for good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2023 Jul 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was suffering the same problem "unable to initialize backing library: lib:PlugPlugExternalObject", after switching to Mac Silicon.

Here's the fix that worked for me:

• (macOS) Users/<user name>/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop <target_version> Settings
  • Inside that folder, look for "tw0001.dat" and delete it or rename it to tw0001.dat.OLD (it's used for some old extension that is no longer required)

Cheers
Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Me, too constantly, to the point I am using photoshop Beta most the the time, because I don't get that crazy annoying pop-up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines