• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

• Error "Could not complete your request because Photoshop does not recognize this type of file."

Engaged ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello -

I wanted to upgrade ACR 13.4 to version 14
Unfortunately my Mac was working under Mac OS Mojave (and therefore impossible to install ACR version 14).
So I downloaded and installed MAC OS Monterey 12.0.1
Since then, several DNG files do not want to open and I have the following message

"Could not complete your request because Photoshop does not recognize this type of file."

So I downloaded and installed the latest version of Photoshop 23.0.0 (Photoshop CC2022).

But it still doesn't work, I still get the same error message.

What should I do (I already did a reset and threw the "preferences" in the trash).

Tahnk you.

- Dimitri 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post a one or two of the affected DNG/files that you get this error with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeffrey -

Sure… But since they are DNG/RAW files they  are quite big (very huge, eg. ± 800MB for 4 files)

How to do that?  Thx

- Dimitri 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to upload one of these "problematic" files, I get the following answer:

"

Correct the highlighted errors and try again.

• The attachment's l1000307.dng content type (image/x-adobe-dng) does not match its file extension and has been removed.
    The attachment's l1000304.dng content type (image/x-adobe-dng) does not match its file extension and has been removed.

".

NB. I'm sure they are .DNG files!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello -

Sorry for the late answer/feedback, was out for a couple of days.

I just downloaed and applied the last updates of Photoshop 23.0.1 and ACR 14.0.1.952.

I dosen't change anything still get the same eror messages.

For some DNG files  —>   "Could not complete your request because Photoshop does not recognize this type of file."

For some PSD file  —>  "Could not open “L1000596_Retouch.psd” because it is not a valid Photoshop document."

My external SSD disk haven't problem I checked it.

NB. How can I upload large DNG/PSD file?

Please  don't tell me that these files are lost!   😛

Any relevant help will be much appreciate.

Have a good day…

- Dimitri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines