• English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Error "could not open (picture name.tif") because of a disk error.

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need some help!

Not sure what happened but, now, each time I edit a picture from LR to PS, it gives me this error in PS:

"Could not open (pic) because of a disk error"

I am on LR v11.5 and PS is 23.5.1.  

TOPICS
Cross-app workflows , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, are you working on any external drive? or both versions of software are updated...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This error seems to relate to LR blocking files or tagging them oddly after you've applied a preset. The crux of it is that it's rather arbitrary and for many users things work just fine, so it seems specific to combinations of settings. Without any specific info about your system, the specs of the files in question, where they are stored, which camera they came from, your PS swap file settings and so on we can't really tell you much, though. Providing this info might shed some light on the situation.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines