• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error "could not save as because write access was not granted" in Photoshop 2020 and macOS Catalina

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to save an image in Photoshop I get a message

Could not save as “IMG_9257.tif” because write access was not granted.

I also get "file could not be written" when I try to save in Lightroom Classic

Can any body help me I am running the very latest Catalina update on a Mac and the latest update of Photoshop.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy tab > Full Disk Access > check box for Adobe Photoshop

This fixed the problem in Big Sur and probably works for Catalina as well.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem on my new MacBook Pro supplied September 2021 and running Big Sur with Photoshop 2021. I RESOLVED IT! I'd been trying to 'save as' by directly picking the hard drive as a location, and got the message described by everyone here.
Instead, I now choose to save it to Pictures in a new folder and it works fine. I have also saved to a folder on Desktop. So these files are on my MacBook hard drive and work super fast, it's simply that they're in a sub-folder. As long as you remember the location it's simple to bring them up in Photoshop and resave as required. Hope this helps others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Great help 😊

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you saving to pictures worked , but I have to many pictures to save all on computer. 

But I can now save my work Thanks again.

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you that worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you! worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that can help... I work on photoshop 23.4.1. None of the advices worked for me (full disk access, reset preferences...), until I stop the deskop folder backup I had with dropbox ! It works like a charm now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here fed up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same issue, but with Surface Pro - Windows 11. Any help here? 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive updated my mac to Ventura 13.0 and my CC to 2023 and now I cannot save any edited images as write access is denied, Ive treid the suggestions regarding disk access and it still doesnt work. I currenty cannot edit and save any images 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going nuts with this issue of PS 2023 running on macos ventura Version 13.0.1

It's impossible Save for Web even full disk acess turned on. I've removed and reinstalled PS and still not working.

Screenshot 2022-11-22 at 15.45.32.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines