Error: "the system cannot find the file specified" (Photoshop CS6, 64bit)

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been running "Adobe Creative Suite 6 Production Premium" for years, with Photoshop CS6 64bit, on Windows 7 Hope Premium. Today, in the middle of an editing session, I was suddenly not able to open new images, receiving the error message "the system cannot find the file specified". I closed the program and tried to restart it, but then I got the same message and was unable to open the program altogether.

I have tested the various programs in the suite; The 32bit versions seem to work ok (including Photoshop), whereas there's something wrong with the Bridge CS6 64bit.

I have tried to restart my computer, but no luck. Also, I have tried to figure out what possible processes could have caused this sudden problem, but I can see noe reason.

Any help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are familiar with Windows registry, Windows Update changed below registry to 1. Revert back it to "0" it works. Exacrly same thing happened to me. I know its been years and you moved on. I am just writing to help if someone new hits this problem. Took crazy amount of trials to find and fix this

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SideBySide]
"PreferExternalManifest"=dword:00000000

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines