Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error when trying to run a script

Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using Photoshop Elements 2021 but there is a reason that I am posting this in the regular Photoshop forum.  I am running a plugin called Elements + (found here Elements+) that gives Elements much of the functionality that is in regular Photoshop.  I am trying to run a jsx script file to apply effects to a photo.  Elements + has allowed me to load the script and run it.  However, when the script runs, I receive an error message.  Here is the error message:  “Error general Photoshop error occurred.  This functionality may not be available in this version of Photoshop. – The command “set” is not currently available number: -25920; line 1683”.  How do I resolve this issue?  What does the “set” command do?  I don’t know if I need to edit the script and don’t know how to do that if I do need to.  Also, it is possible that the script won’t be compatible (as it was designed for Photoshop).  I will be more than glad to provide any additional information that is needed to troubleshoot this.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks! 

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the script was designed for Photoshop, my guess is that it won't be compatable in Elements, as the features and functions are not the same between the programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - Thank you for your response.  How do I know for sure about compatability?  The Elements + program adds a lot of the functionality of Photoshop to Elements that it lacks.  What is the "set" command and is it available in Elements?  Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would have to see at least line 1683 of the script to know. Most likely the whole block of script around that number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I attached a screenshot of part of the script.  Thank you so much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't makeout what that line of code is doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for looking at it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Find in the script udoES function callers and see what arguments are put in. Describe also what happens till the error occurence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your reply.  I decided to get a refund for it from where I bought it from.  Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried contacting the author of the script? As I understand it, the availability of individual functions depends on the version of the elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.  There is one place that the seller of the script says that it is compatible with Elements (and when I contact them they say the opposite) and then on the actual developers site they say that it isn't compatible.  Thanks again for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines