Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Error when updating: Updates Have Been Disabled For This Machine

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed a copy of Adobe Photoshop I purchased from shelby.com.  I immediately tried updating the software and got the message that updates have been disabled for this machine.  Contact your administrator.  I think I have been taken to a certain extent.  Can anyone help resolve this issue?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.  

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should only purchase Adobe products from Adobe.

You can check your account details on adobe.com - log in and check your subscription status.

Shelby.com btw is a site for Shelby Mustangs, not software so this all seems supsect.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, that's wierd.  The first time I went to shelby.com it took me to the site.  Now it takes me to the site about Shelby Mustangs.  Anyway, I've scanned the files I downloaded with Webroot Secureanywhere and Malwarebytes and they appear clean.  Not sure how this site is doing it but they got me.  If you do a google search for Adobe Photoshop keys the site comes up.  I know there are sites out there that offer keys for lots of other software at steep discounts that are completely legitimate, and that's what I was looking for here.  The software appears legitimate but I know it's not the latest version.  Any way to unlock the updates so I can purchase the full version or do you just recommend uninstalling and purchasing?  Thanks again. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can't update via the Adobe Creative Cloud, you're 'screwed'; sorry. There is nothing anyone here can do for you. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to uninstall and purchase a legal copy. There are no third-party license keys for Adobe Creative Cloud it is subscription only offered through Adobe.com

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On another note - I would put a watch on your bank/CC accounts you used to purchase this. The software may appear legit but obviously you fell victim to a scam. The end goal may not be malware but getting your CC information.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well this  shelby.com is a scam, you can only get Photoshop from Adobe, plus there is this:

warning.png

There really isn't anything we can do to help you, you need a legitimate copy of the product. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I never got that warning.  I appreciate it.  

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines