• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Even at 100% my mask brush doesn't erase everything

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use a layer mask, to erase part of the layer effect. Not everything is erased. A small residue remains. Even when all the settings seem normal and opacity and flow are at 100%. I already reset my brushes to default and I updated the newest update. The problem remains.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Hi

Check that your brush colour is actually black. It can look black when in fact it is just a very dark gray.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2023 Aug 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you...that worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this issue. Was there ever a resolution? It was working fine with one image, the next image I was getting a ghosted image of the mask. Being busy season right now and having many Christmas deadlines, I am very frustrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you fix it? if so, how?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FOUND IT! 

1. Right click on the layer mask.

2. click on "mask options"

3. and Click on "Cancel" 

I don't know why, but it worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ha! Worked for me as well. Weird, lol!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your foreground/Background color (those little squares on the  bottom left site) and  make sure that you are at fully black, on the background and fully white on the foreground. And you got your problem fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Вы оказались правы. У меня был не чисто черный цвет. После выставления 0-0-0 все заработало правильно. Спасибо!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2023 Jun 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even with a full black brush, masking is not always 100% when using the brush tool, so what I do is make a selection with the lassoo tool, and Alt Backspace to fill wityh foregraound colour (which has to be black). That removes/hides every pixel first try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I had the same problem I had a solid color fill layer with a layer mask it was added with white but was not erased with black color. As it turned out my brush mode was on the Screen changed it back to Normal and the problem was fixed 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

se avete il nero pieno selezionato (#000000) ma il problema persiste, provate a selezionarlo nuovamente e il problema verrà risolto.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines