• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Event Manager Select Tool

Participant ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So on Facebook someone requested or was looking for a script to select a tool based on the active layer, which sounds interesting and I found an old thread with a script that was provided, but it's with presets. The only downfall is you can't switch the tool unless you actually switch to a different layer. Is it possible to have it where you're able to switch tools but always go back to the default tool you set when re-selecting the layer? I know keyboard shortcuts are good but this is interesting 😊

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Try my script Trigger layer (preset system that allows you to automatically launch a saved tool, action or script, depending of the attributes of the selected layer)

20220321_082945_2022-03-21_08-22-09.png

20220321_084041_2022-03-21_08-23-47.png

I'm trying to understand your task, but can't unequivocally understand whether its functionality is suitable for your case. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to have it where you're able to switch tools but always go back to the default tool you set when re-selecting the layer? 

If I understand you correctly: »No such thing.« 

If a Layer is already selected (and it is the only selected Layer) clicking its icon in the Layers Panel seems meaningless. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not just only the selected layer, as I switch between layers. To be able to still change tools when you're on the selected layer then after when I switch to a different layer and reselect that certain layer it will default back to the tool that you set to that layer. ATM you can't change the tool, unless you select the Background, or a layer that you didn't define in the script

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found an old thread with a script that was provided, but it's with presets. The only downfall is you can't switch the tool unless you actually switch to a different layer.

By @Unavowed

Can you provide a link to this thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which event exactly? 

Please provide a meaningul description of the process, either with screenshots or a screen recording. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try my script Trigger layer (preset system that allows you to automatically launch a saved tool, action or script, depending of the attributes of the selected layer)

20220321_082945_2022-03-21_08-22-09.png

20220321_084041_2022-03-21_08-23-47.png

I'm trying to understand your task, but can't unequivocally understand whether its functionality is suitable for your case. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks amazing. Much more features then just selecting a tool. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just want to follow up, this is what I was looking for. Still able to switch tools but defaults to the tool you set when changing layers, plus the ability to edit within photoshop, makes the whole process much easier, what a life saver. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines