Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exif data across Lightroom and Photoshop

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I would be grateful if someone could help me understand Photoshop as I have limited knowledge. This morning I have taken 2 files from Lightroom into Photoshop at different apertures (F/16 and F/4). The F/16 was the base background image and the F/4 was the subject image I wanted to include in the background image via masking. 

I completed the task however I've noticed no matter what I do when I save the image to Lightroom the exif data shows the image was recorded at F/4 not F/16. I just want to make sure for future images the base image (landscape) is used at the maximum aperture for quality purposes.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Steve

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As long as you layer the other images into the base image, that is what should be used as the image metadata (the base image).

If you go to File > File Info in Photoshop, what is reported as the aperture value? I don't use Lr so I can't comment on that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Thanks for the reply and apologies for the delay in responding (your reply went into my junk). If I take the images into Photoshop from Lightroom seperately ( and create the two layers) then as you say the information is correct. If I take them from  Lightroom as 'Open as layers' into Photoshop they only show F/4 ... strange. Moving forward I will just take them into Photoshop seperately and create the layers in Photoshop. I'm guessing there must be some kind of bug from Lightroom.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines